The days are getting shorter, the skies are getting darker, and all we want for dinner is hearty, hot food that gives us that cozy autumn feeling. Dish up this delicious (and dare we say, healthy?) comfort food recipe from Vancouver's Gotham Steakhouse and Bar to get your daily dose of greens.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and sliced into ¼-inch slices
- ½ med/large Spanish onion
- ½ lb Yukon gold baby nugget potatoes, blanched until fork tender and sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 4 ounces of chorizo sausage, sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 3 ounces baby kale, washed and picked clean
- 1 tablespoon fresh unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- juice from 1 lemon wedge
- Fry the potatoes in butter and oil until golden brown then set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté onions.
- When onions are translucent, add the chorizo and continue to sauté until onions start to caramelize.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, potatoes and sauté until the Brussels sprouts are al dente.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper then add the baby kale.
- Sauté just until the kale is wilted.
- Finish with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Courtesy Gotham Steakhouse and Bar