- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and sliced into ¼-inch slices
- ½ med/large Spanish onion
- ½ lb Yukon gold baby nugget potatoes, blanched until fork tender and sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 4 ounces of chorizo sausage, sliced into ¼-inch slices
- 3 ounces baby kale, washed and picked clean
- 1 tablespoon fresh unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- juice from 1 lemon wedge
- Fry the potatoes in butter and oil until golden brown then set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté onions.
- When onions are translucent, add the chorizo and continue to sauté until onions start to caramelize.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, potatoes and sauté until the Brussels sprouts are al dente.
- Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper then add the baby kale.
- Sauté just until the kale is wilted.
- Finish with freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Courtesy Gotham Steakhouse and Bar