Western Living Magazine
The Design Files: Three Bedroom Looks We Love
6 Ways to Incorporate Colour into Your Home
Before and After: A Designer’s Own 1980s Rancher Gets a Fresh ‘Modern Beach House’ Look
6 Comfort-Food Dinners Perfect for Rainy Weeknights
The Twisty Cheesy Buns that Make -40°C Winters Worthwhile
This Super-Simple Ribollita Will Be Your New Favourite Winter Meal
Editors’ Picks: The Best Trips We Took in 2022
Victoria Might Just Be the Perfect Pre-New Year’s Getaway
Discover the Perfect Winter Getaway in Penticton
This Designer of the Year Finalist Just Launched a Gorgeous New Furniture Line
Protected: Looking For The Best Cooling Mattress? Douglas Delivers
Editors’ Picks: What We’re Reading Over the Holidays
Introducing Western Living’s 2022 Designers of the Year Award Winners
WL Architects of the Year 2022: Measured Architecture
WL Robert Ledingham Memorial Award for an Emerging Interior Designer 2022: Studio Roslyn
From pre-reno butterflies to the final sigh of relief, kitchen reno survivors tweet, post, and share the 12 stages of a kitchen renovation.
Kitchen renovations: a time to spruce up your colour pallet, explore the new trends in tile, and get the extra cupboard space you’ve always dreamed of. It seems like everyone has a kitchen reno story, from misplaced cabinets that took a ferry to Guam to the colour-matching goddess that “will change the way you think of white.” With so much experience floating around on the web, we’ve scoured and sorted to create a helpful guide like no other. Without further ado, here is
1. Pre-reno excitement. There’s no going back now (fingers crossed). Time to step up your Google Images game and pin some design-spiration.
2. Research (on research, on research). Is it possible to get a restraining order from a sink?
3. Packing up the goods. It’s funny how that clutter in the back of the cupboard suddenly transforms into magical (and sometimes odd) treasure.
4. Realizing the lack of space. Its not our fault, there’s an entire room missing.
5. Demolition Day 1. I forgot, what is organization again?
6. Finding a new home. Home Depot has benches, right?
7. Working with what’s left. Bath bombs, dish soap, it’s all the same.
8. Getting creating. Who says there’s only one way to use an appliance?
9. The beginning of the end. Look at all the progress! Surely it must be close to being done…
10. Realizing it isn’t the end. Wally knows the feeling.
11. Becoming a pro. No kitchen? No problem.
12. The big reveal. It’s over! Look at the beautiful new kitchen. It wasn’t that hard, was it? What do you think—time to update the bathroom?
Thanks to @MadeToLiveFree, Michele Grace Lessirard, @slowjud, @ianmcoffey, @tessvanstraaten, @mrsremi, @mprshane, @CoachJThurston, @reasonstch, @KatEdwards99, @blessyourhearth, @PortiaCorman, @OutlanderKitchn, and @EverythingHm14.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Are you over 18 years of age?