Western Living Magazine
Before & After: A False Creek Industrial Loft Transforms Into a Warm, Modern Oasis
Pamela Anderson’s Ladysmith Home Is a Whimsical, ‘Funky Grandma’ Dream Come True
Dream Condo Alert: A Warm, Timber-Lined Loft We ‘Woodn’t’ Mind Living In
The Essential Guide to the 2023 BCL Summer Spirit Release
Recipe: Spot Prawn and Cherry Gazpacho
The Low-Alcohol Revolution Comes to the Okanagan
Wellness in Whistler—Your Ultimate Early Summer Retreat
It all starts here in Nanaimo
Local Summer Getaway Guide 2023: 6 Great Ways to Explore B.C., Alberta and Washington
Protected: Visit the Joint Replacement Center of Scottsdale
What to Get for Mother’s Day: Editors’ Picks
This Is Not a Drill: West Elm Just Launched an Outdoor Furniture Collab with Marimekko
Designers of the Year 2023: Meet the All-Star Industrial Design Judges
Deadline Extended! Enter Western Living’s 2023 Designers of the Year Awards
Designers of the Year 2023: These Are Your All-Star Interior Design Judges
From pre-reno butterflies to the final sigh of relief, kitchen reno survivors tweet, post, and share the 12 stages of a kitchen renovation.
Kitchen renovations: a time to spruce up your colour pallet, explore the new trends in tile, and get the extra cupboard space you’ve always dreamed of. It seems like everyone has a kitchen reno story, from misplaced cabinets that took a ferry to Guam to the colour-matching goddess that “will change the way you think of white.” With so much experience floating around on the web, we’ve scoured and sorted to create a helpful guide like no other. Without further ado, here is
1. Pre-reno excitement. There’s no going back now (fingers crossed). Time to step up your Google Images game and pin some design-spiration.
2. Research (on research, on research). Is it possible to get a restraining order from a sink?
3. Packing up the goods. It’s funny how that clutter in the back of the cupboard suddenly transforms into magical (and sometimes odd) treasure.
4. Realizing the lack of space. Its not our fault, there’s an entire room missing.
5. Demolition Day 1. I forgot, what is organization again?
6. Finding a new home. Home Depot has benches, right?
7. Working with what’s left. Bath bombs, dish soap, it’s all the same.
8. Getting creating. Who says there’s only one way to use an appliance?
9. The beginning of the end. Look at all the progress! Surely it must be close to being done…
10. Realizing it isn’t the end. Wally knows the feeling.
11. Becoming a pro. No kitchen? No problem.
12. The big reveal. It’s over! Look at the beautiful new kitchen. It wasn’t that hard, was it? What do you think—time to update the bathroom?
Thanks to @MadeToLiveFree, Michele Grace Lessirard, @slowjud, @ianmcoffey, @tessvanstraaten, @mrsremi, @mprshane, @CoachJThurston, @reasonstch, @KatEdwards99, @blessyourhearth, @PortiaCorman, @OutlanderKitchn, and @EverythingHm14.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Are you over 18 years of age?