Western Living Magazine
“Southwestern Modern” Brings Subtle Desert Style Home
This Stunning Whistler Home Embraces Nature at Every Turn
Home Tour: Inside a Beachy and Beautiful Eagle Island Getaway
Recipe: Tomato Bruschetta alla Pepino’s
Recipe: Make Your Own Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Sausages This Summer
5 BC Wines Under $25 That Will Win Your Next BBQ
Where to Eat, Stay and Play in Canmore
The Perfect Southern Alberta Getaway (If You’re Obsessed With Yellowstone)
Visiting San Juan Island? Consider a Yurt
‘West Coast North’ is a Love Letter to Western Canadian Architecture and Interiors
Design Obsession: This Roll-Up Drying Rack Is Maybe My Favourite Thing in the Kitchen
10 of the Hottest Homewares for Summer 2022
Announcing the 2022 Designers of the Year Finalists
You’re Invited to the Design Party of the Year!
DotY 2022: Our Judges for the Maker Category Can’t Wait to See What You’ve Got
Forget the Space Needle or Pike Place Market: Capitol Hill is the true heart of Seattleand no one knows it better than cocktail master Jamie Boudreau.
Since opening its doors five years ago, Seattle whisky bar Canon has been a vital part of crafting the Capitol Hill neighbourhood’s hip, laid-back flavour. The room is lauded for its killer spirit selection, inventive cocktails and warm vibe (it’s received accolades from everyone from World’s 50 Best Bars to the Tales of the Cocktail festival), and the man in charge of it all is Jamie Boudreau, a former Vancouverite who has dedicated his career to creating the ideal cocktail experience. Here’s where you’ll find him when he’s not behind the bar.
(Photo: Nicole Kandi)
1. We often feature spirits from local Oola Distillery on our menu. If they have their cask-strength bourbon, be sure to grab a bottle before they sell out. And they always do.
2. Located in an old KFC, the Rancho Bravo building has no signage, but the lines will assure you that the food here is good. Try the tamales if you can—they sell out on a daily basis.
(Photo: Giulia Duepuntozero)
3. Elliott Bay Book Company is huge and beautiful. Getting worn out wandering the room and thumbing through pages? Well, that’s what the café inside is for.
The decadent ice cream from Kurt Farm Shop is made from custard (Photo: Kevin Scott/Olson Kundig).
4. Chophouse Row has some great foodie gems and stores in a beautiful courtyard setting. Get your ice-cream fix at Kurt Farm Shop or a glass of wine at Upper Bar Ferdinand.
5. Half distillery, half bar, Sun Liquor creates vodka, gin, rum and bitters, and the staff deftly uses these ingredients in their own cocktail creations. The still is visible from your bar stool.