Western Living Magazine
8 Homes with Dark, Dramatic Dining Rooms
Bathroom Tip #6: Keep Your Loo Out of View for a Spa-Like Retreat
6 Staircase Landings That Have Been Transformed into Cute and Cozy Nooks
Around My Table: Recipes for Celebrating Love in February
6 Ways to Treat Your Sweetheart (and Sweet Tooth!) This Valentine’s Day
Ask a Chef: Get Expert Answers to Your Top Kitchen Questions
My Mexico City: Designer Ben Leavitt Shares His Mexico Itinerary
My Camogli: The Founders of Falken Reynolds Share Their Favourite Spots in Camogli, Italy
Staycation on the Sunshine Coast
Trending for 2024: Top 10 Stylish Furniture and Home Design Picks to Revitalize Your Space
How to achieve kitchen perfection: luxury appliance brand Fisher & Paykel shares all
Editors’ Picks: The Best Books We Read in 2023
Introducing the Winners of Our First Annual WL Design 25 Awards
WL Design 25 Winners 2024: White Out
WL Design 25 Winners 2024: Full Tilt
Forget the Space Needle or Pike Place Market: Capitol Hill is the true heart of Seattleand no one knows it better than cocktail master Jamie Boudreau.
Since opening its doors five years ago, Seattle whisky bar Canon has been a vital part of crafting the Capitol Hill neighbourhood’s hip, laid-back flavour. The room is lauded for its killer spirit selection, inventive cocktails and warm vibe (it’s received accolades from everyone from World’s 50 Best Bars to the Tales of the Cocktail festival), and the man in charge of it all is Jamie Boudreau, a former Vancouverite who has dedicated his career to creating the ideal cocktail experience. Here’s where you’ll find him when he’s not behind the bar.
(Photo: Nicole Kandi)
1. We often feature spirits from local Oola Distillery on our menu. If they have their cask-strength bourbon, be sure to grab a bottle before they sell out. And they always do.
2. Located in an old KFC, the Rancho Bravo building has no signage, but the lines will assure you that the food here is good. Try the tamales if you can—they sell out on a daily basis.
(Photo: Giulia Duepuntozero)
3. Elliott Bay Book Company is huge and beautiful. Getting worn out wandering the room and thumbing through pages? Well, that’s what the café inside is for.
The decadent ice cream from Kurt Farm Shop is made from custard (Photo: Kevin Scott/Olson Kundig).
4. Chophouse Row has some great foodie gems and stores in a beautiful courtyard setting. Get your ice-cream fix at Kurt Farm Shop or a glass of wine at Upper Bar Ferdinand.
5. Half distillery, half bar, Sun Liquor creates vodka, gin, rum and bitters, and the staff deftly uses these ingredients in their own cocktail creations. The still is visible from your bar stool.
Are you over 18 years of age?