Western Living Magazine
Inside Vancouver’s Most Festive Hanukkah House
PHOTOS: Some of Our Favourite Moments from WL Design Talks with Knight Varga
Vote Now! Who Will Win Our 2023 WL Home of the Year?
Recipe: Espresso Coffee Cake
Recipe: Spiced Carrot and Walnut Cake
Recipe: Macadamia Feta and Herb Scones (or Biscuits)
Staycation on the Sunshine Coast
Your 2023/2024 Ultimate Local Winter Getaway Guide
Local Winter Getaway Guide 2023/2024: Top 5 Dining Spots on the Sunshine Coast
Pantone’s Colour of the Year Just Dropped, So We’re Going Shopping
Protected: How to achieve kitchen perfection: luxury appliance brand Fisher & Paykel shares all
King Living Black Friday Clearance Sale
Announcing the Finalists for the Inaugural WL Design 25 Awards
Q&A: Meet the Texas-Based Contemporary Artist Dan Lam
5 Reasons to Enter the WL Design 25
A simple recipe from Trattoria's Zuzana Harsaghy (get out those frozen local blueberries).
It’s not quite berry season yet, but this simple recipe from Trattoria‘s chef Zuzana Harsaghy uses frozen B.C. blueberries, so you can make it any time of year. Check your pantry for all the basic baking staples, and don’t forget the mascarpone cheese.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp unsalted butter, cold cut into cubes
1 cup frozen BC blueberries
3⁄4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup mascarpone
1. In a bowl using your hands mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and butter until all butter is mixed in.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the mascarpone and buttermilk until no lumps remain.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry mix and bring dough together. Add the frozen BC blueberries but mix only until the ingredients have been brought together (do not over work the dough).
4. Place the dough on a table and roll to a one-inch thickness.
5. Cut dough into desired shape and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake at 375F for 15-18 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Trattoria restaurant and chef Zuzana Harsaghy.
READ MORE: 5 Comfort Food Recipes We Love
Originally published April 14, 2022
Are you over 18 years of age?