Western Living Magazine
Pamela Anderson’s Ladysmith Home Is a Whimsical, ‘Funky Grandma’ Dream Come True
Dream Condo Alert: A Warm, Timber-Lined Loft We ‘Woodn’t’ Mind Living In
Trade Secrets: A Beautiful Bedroom with a Neutral Colour Palette
The Essential Guide to the 2023 BCL Summer Spirit Release
Recipe: Spot Prawn and Cherry Gazpacho
The Low-Alcohol Revolution Comes to the Okanagan
Wellness in Whistler—Your Ultimate Early Summer Retreat
It all starts here in Nanaimo
Local Summer Getaway Guide 2023: 6 Great Ways to Explore B.C., Alberta and Washington
Protected: Visit the Joint Replacement Center of Scottsdale
What to Get for Mother’s Day: Editors’ Picks
This Is Not a Drill: West Elm Just Launched an Outdoor Furniture Collab with Marimekko
Designers of the Year 2023: Meet the All-Star Industrial Design Judges
Deadline Extended! Enter Western Living’s 2023 Designers of the Year Awards
Designers of the Year 2023: These Are Your All-Star Interior Design Judges
A simple recipe from Trattoria's Zuzana Harsaghy (get out those frozen local blueberries).
It’s not quite berry season yet, but this simple recipe from Trattoria‘s chef Zuzana Harsaghy uses frozen B.C. blueberries, so you can make it any time of year. Check your pantry for all the basic baking staples, and don’t forget the mascarpone cheese.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp unsalted butter, cold cut into cubes
1 cup frozen BC blueberries
3⁄4 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup mascarpone
1. In a bowl using your hands mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and butter until all butter is mixed in.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the mascarpone and buttermilk until no lumps remain.
3. Add wet ingredients to the dry mix and bring dough together. Add the frozen BC blueberries but mix only until the ingredients have been brought together (do not over work the dough).
4. Place the dough on a table and roll to a one-inch thickness.
5. Cut dough into desired shape and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake at 375F for 15-18 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Trattoria restaurant and chef Zuzana Harsaghy.
READ MORE: 5 Comfort Food Recipes We Love
Originally published April 14, 2022
Are you over 18 years of age?