Western Living Magazine
Pamela Anderson’s Ladysmith Home Is a Whimsical, ‘Funky Grandma’ Dream Come True
Dream Condo Alert: A Warm, Timber-Lined Loft We ‘Woodn’t’ Mind Living In
Trade Secrets: A Beautiful Bedroom with a Neutral Colour Palette
The Essential Guide to the 2023 BCL Summer Spirit Release
Recipe: Spot Prawn and Cherry Gazpacho
The Low-Alcohol Revolution Comes to the Okanagan
Wellness in Whistler—Your Ultimate Early Summer Retreat
It all starts here in Nanaimo
Local Summer Getaway Guide 2023: 6 Great Ways to Explore B.C., Alberta and Washington
Protected: Visit the Joint Replacement Center of Scottsdale
What to Get for Mother’s Day: Editors’ Picks
This Is Not a Drill: West Elm Just Launched an Outdoor Furniture Collab with Marimekko
Designers of the Year 2023: Meet the All-Star Industrial Design Judges
Deadline Extended! Enter Western Living’s 2023 Designers of the Year Awards
Designers of the Year 2023: These Are Your All-Star Interior Design Judges
Inside a gorgeous French café in Vancouver is a bathroom you can't help but take photos of: here's how the designers made it happen.
One welcome surprise of Vancouver’s Mon Pitou is how much people—and Instagram—love the bathroom. We asked Alanna Dunn of Reena Sotropa In House Design Group to give us her “recipe” for a perfect WC. Here are 7 of her best tricks. (For more of this space, check out the full story here).
1. Lots of natural light.
2. An oversized floral arrangement atop a charismatic antique side table.
3. Carrying through Mon Pitou’s brand colour via hand-glazed emerald subway-tile wainscotting.
4. A thrifted antique hutch displaying Jesse’s collection of chintz pottery.
5. Refinished original elements of their century-plus-old building—like the repainted door and window.
6. A charming floor-tile mosaic reminiscent of the City of Love.
7. A quirky collection of art sourced at the Vancouver Flea Market.
READ MORE: A Look Inside Mon Pitou (It’s More than Just a Bathroom, Obviously)
Are you over 18 years of age?