Western Living Magazine
The Design Files: Three Bedroom Looks We Love
6 Ways to Incorporate Colour into Your Home
Before and After: A Designer’s Own 1980s Rancher Gets a Fresh ‘Modern Beach House’ Look
6 Comfort-Food Dinners Perfect for Rainy Weeknights
The Twisty Cheesy Buns that Make -40°C Winters Worthwhile
This Super-Simple Ribollita Will Be Your New Favourite Winter Meal
Editors’ Picks: The Best Trips We Took in 2022
Victoria Might Just Be the Perfect Pre-New Year’s Getaway
Discover the Perfect Winter Getaway in Penticton
This Designer of the Year Finalist Just Launched a Gorgeous New Furniture Line
Protected: Looking For The Best Cooling Mattress? Douglas Delivers
Editors’ Picks: What We’re Reading Over the Holidays
Introducing Western Living’s 2022 Designers of the Year Award Winners
WL Architects of the Year 2022: Measured Architecture
WL Robert Ledingham Memorial Award for an Emerging Interior Designer 2022: Studio Roslyn
Inside a gorgeous French café in Vancouver is a bathroom you can't help but take photos of: here's how the designers made it happen.
One welcome surprise of Vancouver’s Mon Pitou is how much people—and Instagram—love the bathroom. We asked Alanna Dunn of Reena Sotropa In House Design Group to give us her “recipe” for a perfect WC. Here are 7 of her best tricks. (For more of this space, check out the full story here).
1. Lots of natural light.
2. An oversized floral arrangement atop a charismatic antique side table.
3. Carrying through Mon Pitou’s brand colour via hand-glazed emerald subway-tile wainscotting.
4. A thrifted antique hutch displaying Jesse’s collection of chintz pottery.
5. Refinished original elements of their century-plus-old building—like the repainted door and window.
6. A charming floor-tile mosaic reminiscent of the City of Love.
7. A quirky collection of art sourced at the Vancouver Flea Market.
READ MORE: A Look Inside Mon Pitou (It’s More than Just a Bathroom, Obviously)
Are you over 18 years of age?