Western Living Magazine
8 Homes with Dark, Dramatic Dining Rooms
Bathroom Tip #6: Keep Your Loo Out of View for a Spa-Like Retreat
6 Staircase Landings That Have Been Transformed into Cute and Cozy Nooks
Around My Table: Recipes for Celebrating Love in February
6 Ways to Treat Your Sweetheart (and Sweet Tooth!) This Valentine’s Day
Ask a Chef: Get Expert Answers to Your Top Kitchen Questions
My Mexico City: Designer Ben Leavitt Shares His Mexico Itinerary
My Camogli: The Founders of Falken Reynolds Share Their Favourite Spots in Camogli, Italy
Staycation on the Sunshine Coast
Trending for 2024: Top 10 Stylish Furniture and Home Design Picks to Revitalize Your Space
How to achieve kitchen perfection: luxury appliance brand Fisher & Paykel shares all
Editors’ Picks: The Best Books We Read in 2023
Introducing the Winners of Our First Annual WL Design 25 Awards
WL Design 25 Winners 2024: White Out
WL Design 25 Winners 2024: Full Tilt
Inside a gorgeous French café in Vancouver is a bathroom you can't help but take photos of: here's how the designers made it happen.
One welcome surprise of Vancouver’s Mon Pitou is how much people—and Instagram—love the bathroom. We asked Alanna Dunn of Reena Sotropa In House Design Group to give us her “recipe” for a perfect WC. Here are 7 of her best tricks. (For more of this space, check out the full story here).
1. Lots of natural light.
2. An oversized floral arrangement atop a charismatic antique side table.
3. Carrying through Mon Pitou’s brand colour via hand-glazed emerald subway-tile wainscotting.
4. A thrifted antique hutch displaying Jesse’s collection of chintz pottery.
5. Refinished original elements of their century-plus-old building—like the repainted door and window.
6. A charming floor-tile mosaic reminiscent of the City of Love.
7. A quirky collection of art sourced at the Vancouver Flea Market.
READ MORE: A Look Inside Mon Pitou (It’s More than Just a Bathroom, Obviously)
Are you over 18 years of age?