Western Living Magazine
How to Make a Spec Home Stand Out: Lessons from a Not-Boring Calgary Infill
The Home Tour: A 1,400-Square-Foot Townhouse With Scandi-Cool Style
Home Tour: Inside This Mountain-Modern Home
Recipe: Green Papaya Salad from Chef Angus An
Recipe: Scallop Ceviche from Maenam’s Chef Angus An
3 Classy Australian White Wines to Toast Olivia Newton-John With
The Best Beginner Hikes In and Around Whistler
Getaway Guide: How to Spend One Perfect Day on Galiano Island
Where to Eat, Stay and Play in Canmore
‘West Coast North’ is a Love Letter to Western Canadian Architecture and Interiors
Design Obsession: This Roll-Up Drying Rack Is Maybe My Favourite Thing in the Kitchen
10 of the Hottest Homewares for Summer 2022
Announcing the 2022 Designers of the Year Finalists
You’re Invited to the Design Party of the Year!
DotY 2022: Our Judges for the Maker Category Can’t Wait to See What You’ve Got
Inside a gorgeous French café in Vancouver is a bathroom you can't help but take photos of: here's how the designers made it happen.
One welcome surprise of Vancouver’s Mon Pitou is how much people—and Instagram—love the bathroom. We asked Alanna Dunn of Reena Sotropa In House Design Group to give us her “recipe” for a perfect WC. Here are 7 of her best tricks. (For more of this space, check out the full story here).
1. Lots of natural light.
2. An oversized floral arrangement atop a charismatic antique side table.
3. Carrying through Mon Pitou’s brand colour via hand-glazed emerald subway-tile wainscotting.
4. A thrifted antique hutch displaying Jesse’s collection of chintz pottery.
5. Refinished original elements of their century-plus-old building—like the repainted door and window.
6. A charming floor-tile mosaic reminiscent of the City of Love.
7. A quirky collection of art sourced at the Vancouver Flea Market.
READ MORE: A Look Inside Mon Pitou (It’s More than Just a Bathroom, Obviously)