Western Living Magazine
This Calgary Spec Home Is an Ode to Colour
Great Spaces: Inside a Buzzy and Beautiful West Vancouver Coffee Shop
6 Beautiful Black and White Kitchens to Inspire Your Next Renovation
Recipe: Pineapple-Stuffed Gougères Are Perfect For The Super Bowl
Recipe: 4 Ingredient Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookie Truffles
The Prettiest Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes for Valentine’s Day
Editors’ Picks: The Best Trips We Took in 2022
Victoria Might Just Be the Perfect Pre-New Year’s Getaway
Discover the Perfect Winter Getaway in Penticton
Hot List: The Best New Furniture and Homewares of February 2023
I Tried It: What It’s Like to Sleep On a Wall Bed
Protected: The Endy Hybrid: The Best of Both Worlds
Submissions Now Open! Enter Western Living’s 2023 Designers of the Year Awards
Introducing Western Living’s 2022 Designers of the Year Award Winners
WL Architects of the Year 2022: Measured Architecture
It's a Friday afternoon and you're ready to get out of town. Good news: we made your packing list for you.
1. The perfect Getaway BagNeed a friend? The Hartsfield Weekender Tote from WANT Les Essentials de la vie can be the perfect travel comrade that gives you a helping hand carrying all your goods, effortlessly and in style. $395, Available at Gravity Pope.2. Versatile ShoesDon’t you wish there was a pair of sneakers that you could wear while walking your dog in the morning and then throw on a pair of white jeans, a cute tunic and wear to a dinner party? Wait, they do exist? Superga X The Man Repeller Lace Up Flat Sneakers come in satin and velvet with an array of different colours and are the perfect footwear to dress up or down. $153.43, available at polyvore.com
3. The All Encompassing BlanketEnvision a light blanket to cozy up with on the couch accompanied by a coffee and book in the morning, a beach towel for during the day and a pashmina by night. Dream no longer because the Crinkled Stripe Towel from Anthropologie is ready for whatever your lazy day-schedule has in store. $88, Anthropologie.
4. Skin ProtectionThe perfect moisturizer to bring on any trip, Bobbi Brown has you covered with Bobbi Brown Beach. With aspects of aloe vera, plus olive, jojoba, and sunflower oils, this blend is hydrating and will act as your savior if a sunburn threatens to ruin your Saturday night. $49, Bobbi Brown.
5. Hostess GiftOld Faithful’s Travel Candle is the perfect hostess gift that is small, simple and easy to throw in one’s bag. You’re on a spontaneous trip remember? One must expect the unexpected. $10.95, Old Faithful.
6. Something to Sip OnNo matter the weather, there is always an opportunity for a toast. For the rain, maybe consider something a little warmer in a flask from Old Faithful. Blue skies and sun? A bottle of prosecco is a perfect refreshing summer solution. $96.00, Old Faithful.
Are you over 18 years of age?